Saturday, July 5, 2008

Conversations from an almost 3 year old

Caleb will be 3 years old on July 20th. He amazes us everyday with the things he says. He is a sweet little person.

Today, Jon went to the store to get some photos printed of the children and our family. Since we have a digital camera all of our photos are on a disc or the computer. We haven't printed pictures in a very long time. We picked a dozen really good pictures to print. So while Jon was gone, we were playing with some toys. Caleb says to me, " I miss Daddy", "When is he coming back?". I let him call Jon for a minute. Caleb said, " Hi,Daddy. Where are you?, "You bringing me back a surprise?" Then he told Jon, " I very like you. I miss you. You are my friend". He and Jon are best buddies.

The other day,Caleb and I were in the kitchen eating lunch and talking about how God made everything. He turned to me and asked , "Where is God?", In church?" He loves to read his little Bible and sing , "God Made Me" and "Jesus Loves Me".

Last month, Jon and I were telling Caleb to be very careful so he wouldn't fall and get hurt when we were in the mountains in Central Asia. He explained to us that if he fell he would die and Mama and Daddy would be sad and God would give us a new Caleb. We told him that God only made one Caleb for our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Dear. I love to get glimpses of the kids personalities, etc.

Mom

KPengraPA said...

Hi Carrie & Jon,
Yeah for lots of pictures! I have been checking your blog at least once a week hoping to hear something so I was VERY excited to see so many great pictures of the kids. I can't believe how big the kids are getting, especially Abigail! What a beauty she is turning out to be. We miss you and love you and think of you often. Much Love, Kim